Tuesday 13 March 2007

Change Will Never Come

Well nothing will ever change in this office. I went to make a cup of tea this morning and I asked openly in the office, so everyone could hear, for one of the men to change the water bottle for me in the cooler. You see, we use the water from the cooler to fill the kettle, it prevents the excess build up of limescale. Before I asked one of the men to help, I did ask everyone of they wanted a cup of tea or coffee. The complaint girl declined a drink. She then proceeded to shout across the room to the man putting a new water bottle in the cooler to put the kettle on. Wait a minute, did she not understand me? So I went and asked again if anyone would like a cup. She declined a second time. So I made tea for those who wanted and as soon as I left the kitchen, she shuffled in and made herself a cup of tea. How childish? She is really been silly, and she is deliberately excluding me from anything that happens in the office and outside the office.

The Receptionist has not been collecting my post since the last time that I told you about it. I really cannot be bothered. I know that if I complain, she is going to give some stupid excuse and try and blame me for it Or she will say it’s not my job to collect post, well I know that it’s not her job to collect my post, because I am the only one that she doesn’t collect from. So you know what, I will just leave the post and see if that then creates a problem! It definitely won’t be my problem.

And last week Friday, there was a problem where a client was paying for a service that he did not have for 2 years. My senior colleague invited our new team member to discuss it with the Manager so he is aware how to deal with these situations. I was not invited to this discussion, even though I am the next in line if my Senior Colleague is not in the office. I by chance went to collect a something that I had sent to the printer, and my Senior Colleague then calls me over and says, “if you want to hear this then come over!” Thanks, I fell really appreciated now! It feels almost as if they are waiting for me to resign and get out. They will never discuss any problems I have with the complaint girl because she works in a division of the company that makes the biggest profit in our department, and she has been doing it for a couple of years. The Receptionist has been in trouble before and she has gotten out of the mess many times before, so that is a no-brainer. HR has failed to improve my wellbeing and act like they don’t care. I initially told them how these issues were affecting my health. So what do they do, armed with the information that I gave them (me being truthful, how stupid!), they warm me that if I take any days of sick I will have to take them as unpaid. How compassionate? I suppose rules are rules!
On the plus side, My Manager told me that he is really glad that I work for him and he wouldn’t know what he would do without me! How sweet of him, and I know he meant what he said! Also, the only person I can turn to in the office is back from holiday, so that has put a smile on my face this morning! Let’s hope that everyone else’s attitude changes too! I’m tired of trying to be myself because I just get it thrown back in my face. I am at a loss as to how I can go forward in this office without someone trying to pull me back.

No comments: