Thursday 8 March 2007

Please Help!

I have not really had the opportunity to air my views, but today is really, I could not have not logged on to do so!

I have had my Senior Colleague checking everything I do! I mean everything. He comments when I have 2 spaces in between words and is actually checking the amount of work I do. He makes as if I have nothing to do. I don't know if he is just in a mood and something outside work is bothering him, or the big mistakes that he has made in the last few days have finally caught up with him and if he makes another mistake, his head will be on the block. Yesterday, I even said to him, "Would you like me to walk out and walk back in and maybe we can start the day afresh!". He was swearing, f'ing and blinding, I even had to remind him where he was. He did however apologise, but I know he didn't mean it!

He then asked me to do a quote yesterday which I did, and he asked someone else to convert the quote into a sale, without telling me why. The lady who asked for the quote knows me well so she always asks for me. But this time, she didn't ask for me, she asked for the guy who was converting the quote into a sale, so someone told her to contact him because she wouldn't know that is what he does. So I do all the hard work and someone else takes the glory for it, nice!

It's starting to get really difficult to ignore all the things that are going on in the office that seem to be about me. I have just found out that in my team, I am the only person that has not been invited into the lottery syndicate. I didn't know whether I had to ask to be invited into it, but I do know for a fact that 2 people were invited.

I also laughed when I realised that someone that has just finished their probation, has sided with the Receptionist and went to lunch with them today. Well, I can't complain, I cannot force anyone to hang around with anyone. This same person, and the Complaint girl have started to dress like me, sleeveless jersey over a plain coloured top. Well, at least I have become a fashion icon!

This afternoon, the person who sits next to me in the office left the office early after working in his lunch hour, and guess what? He didn't have to make a record of it in the office diary, but I do!

I had asked for the company to do my examinations which they have told me they will not pay for the extra course material that I require, so I have decided to do the course with my own money! At least they had the decency to email me and confirm this, although they only did after I requested they do!

And last but not least, they have removed my access to my Senior Colleague's email. They have not given me a reason why, but have taken it away. To me it seems that they are reducing my responsibilities slowly but surely. I think I should start making a record of the work I do everyday so they cannot try and get rid of me by saying there is no work.

Anyway, I am still looking for another job and I really have decided that no matter what, I will not be here come May!

If you have been reading my blog, you might be able to comment on this! As you know I complained about some abuse towards me. HR subsequently came in and tried to deal with the matter. They didn't and the abuse got worse as it now mutated into something else and someone else got involved. HR did not protect me. Don't they have a case to answer?

I was then accused of disrupting someone's working day which HR proved to be incorrect. My working day was disrupted by this meeting, which was officially called by the person who made the complaint, can I make a complaint?

Any comments will be most welcome!

No comments: