Friday 23 March 2007

It's Friday!

So one of the Ladies has invited, almost everyone out to lunch in the City. As usual, something which I now except, I was not invited and did not know about it. 2 colleagues on my team have kept very quiet about it and yesterday suddenly got up and announced that they were off. My Manager then asked them where they were going to? They told him that they are going to lunch in the city. Although he let them go, he wasn't at all pleased because no one bothered to tell him what was going on. So I suppose they had a 3-4 hour lunch, which was fine, if I have a lunch that is 10 minutes over, I get called up and spoken to about it. Makes me sick!

My Senior colleague has been away for the past 2 weeks on leave, and I have done all the work myself. My Manager was impressed with this and I think he know realises what I do because we have not had 1 hiccup since my senior colleague has been away. My manager told me that I am doing a "Superb" job. I really feel bad because I have been offered a job from one company and have 2 interviews today. And I will definitely be taking 1 of the 3 jobs, this I know!

I didn't have the opportunity to tell you that I have decided not to pursue the Microsoft course been offered for free by my company. HR came in on Wednesday to distribute an application form for the course, which asks for ethnicity, if you have children, age, driver's license or passport details, and a whole lot of personal questions. This is the point that I realised that HR are getting this course for free, because I know of a similar scheme that was being run at my other half's company, paid for by the EEC. Cheap skates! S

o I told HR that I would not be doing the course because of the questions that they were asking. They didn't even bother to encourage me to do it (because they are not paying for it), they just said OK and left it at that! It reminds of the time when I asked my manager about doing exams, he asked me "Why do I want to do these exams?". What a forward thinking company!

No comments: