Thursday 22 March 2007

Monday Continued.........

So the Receptionist has approached my boss and told him that I owe her £1 because she had to pay for my bit of the donation. My boss has in turn approached me and asked me to pay her. I find this totally offensive as he did not even bother to ask me my side of the story, he has decided to take her side as gospel truth!

I told him that there was no way that I was going to pay £1 as I did not participate in any games, nor did I agree to give any money to anyone for any reason. So as it seems, I am being forced into giving money to charity. I don't know if this the policy of the Read Nose Day campaign, or the policy of our company. I told the Receptionist that I had donated my £1 directly to the charity, and my manager has informed me that the Receptionist is the nominated "Charity Co-ordinator" for my office, so all charity money needs to go through her. Well, that means that I will not be donating any money to charity through the company. Another work colleague is organising a charity walk, which the Receptionist is not attending, does this mean that any money raised should be handled by the "Charity Co-ordinator", who is not attending? Or does this rule apply to me only?

I won't tolerate anyone's rubbish so I walked away from my boss while he was still talking and he shouted after me that I shouldn't make an issue out of this, because it is not an issue. I still can't believe that he called me to his desk to discuss £1. If my Manager was so concerned about the £1, he should have pulled it out of his wallet, and given to charity.

I promised myself that I would not allow her into my space and she somehow has managed to get in there, and also infuriate me. I have to get out of this place! She will try any tactic to upset me or have a different opinion to me.

No comments: